What are cookies
This paragraph is intended to define, in general line, what cookies are, in order to inform the user on how to use this technology in this web for a long time. In the following paragraphs you’ll find instead a list of cookies we use on our site.
The user has full control over cookies, as they are installed and stored on its PC. At any time the user can delete, view them, or prevent them from being installed. In the following paragraphs you’ll find some instructions on how to delete or avoid storing cookies through popular browsers.
What cookies we use
On our website we use various kind of cookies, session or persistent, below we list them divided into major categories as defined by the italian Privacy Authority:
Technical / functional cookies
These type of cookies are required in order to operate properly on the website. They are used for example to remember the choices made by the user while navigating our website.
These cookies are used to the site manager to track navigation information, user behavior on the site and web traffic for statistical purpose in an aggregate way, in order to provide a global view of how users, overall, are using the site and the pages, so we can optimize them to provide a better service. We don’t store the behavior of individual users, but only aggregated data:
Third Party Cookies
The third-party cookies are supplied and installed by third-party sites through our website. The installation and the operating logic of these cookies is independent and out of our control and knowledge, but depends on third-party sites that provide these cookies. In this category we can have:
- Zanox is a service provided by affiliate advertising network ZANOX.de AG. You can refer to the privacy of the service at the following link: http://www.zanox.com/en/about-zanox/policies/
- JuiceADV is an advertising service provided by Leonardo ADV Srl. You can refer to the privacy and cookies policy of the service at the following link: http://www.juiceadv.com/privacy.asp
- Other third-party cookies: Among the third-party cookies that may be installed by third parties through this website, there are cookies from social networks (needed for things like the Facebook “Like” button, Google Plus +1 button, for retweeting on Twitter, the various social networks widgets and other services of this type), those released from YouTube videos, and so on. These cookies are issued and managed by these third-party operators so they are completely independent from the manager of this website, who may not know the dynamics on how they work. For more information about these cookies it is possible to consult the privacy and cookies policy found on the third party sites. Below, for your convenience, you’ll find a few links to third party service to consult the respective privacy and cookies policy and better understand how their cookies works:
- Third-party login services via OAuth API (WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Google+): This system allows users to login using their accounts from other third-party service, in order for example to comment on posts from this site or for other purposes.
How to block and delete cookies, or to prevent your browser to install them
The user has full freedom in the management of cookies, in fact using their web browser (the program you use to surf the Internet), you can delete the installed cookies, or completely prevent the installation of them. It’s important to note, however, that in the event that you completely prevents the installation of cookies, some websites may not work properly. Below we listed some of the possibilities that you have through your browser:
- Delete or disabling cookies from your browser: You can delete cookies that were installed on your browser during previous navigation on the web or you can prevent them from being installed by following the instructions below for major browsers:
- Instructions for the browser Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Instructions for the brwoser Chrome Mobile https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709?hl=it
- Instructions for browser Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Eliminare%20i%20cookie
- Instructions for the browser Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Instructions for the browser Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=it_IT&viewlocale=it_IT
- Instructions for the browser Apple Safari Mobile: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Browsing in privacy/anonymous mode: This mode is offered by most browsers. Once you open a browser window in private/anonymous mode, the browser does not store cookies or it stores only a few necessary for the website to works correctly. In any case, these cookies are then deleted when you close the browser window. Also in this mode, the history is not saved or is deleted when you close the browser.
- Instructions for the browser Google Chrome / Chrome Mobile: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en
- Instructions for the browser Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Navigazione%20anonima
- Instructions for the browser Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows/what-is-inprivate-browsing
- Instructions for the browser Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19216?viewlocale=it_IT&locale=it_IT
- Instructions for the browser Apple Safari Mobile: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6366
More information about behavioral advertising, about cookies, and how to control their installation
In addition to the information provided above (block or delete cookies through the browser), we inform you that you can use the site http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ for more information about behavioral advertising and on cookies, and to accept or refuse consent to a wide variety of third-party cookies for the services available on the YourOnlineChoices database.